IN THIS ISSUE
- PHM in solidarity with people in GAZA
- PHM-Brazil receives special visitor
- PHM-South Africa condemns the arrest of community health workers
- PHM-US connects with US health activists at the Left Forum
- No to Corporate Power!
Click HERE to read the full newsletter
The PHM strongly condemns the brutal armed attack by Israeli occupation military forces on Gaza. This aggression is in the context of a seven-year Israeli blockade of Gaza which has severely damaged Gaza’s health and sanitary infrastructure, destroyed employment opportunities and led to a severe shortage of basic necessities. During the unprecedented aggression, more than 1,900 Palestinians have been killed, more than 10,000 houses completely destroyed, more than 450,000 became refugees, more than 30 health and medical facilities paralyzed and isolated, more than 100 education facilities destroyed, 20 ambulance service vehicles bombed and 21 health workers have been killed.
- Read the full statement OR Downloand or print the statement for distribution.
- Endorse the statement.
- Express your interest to participate in the PHM solidarity mission.
More about PHM and the attack on Gaza:
- PHM in the Middle East and North Africa urges the international community to take responsibility & stop the rabid and destructive attack on Gaza
- PHM-Canada stands in solidarity with the Palestinians against the oppressive militaristic policies of the occupation forces
- Activists from South Africa with Jewish descent call upon their government to sever all links with Israel
- Help Gaza to provide medical aid to victims of violence (French)
- Update from the Palestinian Medical Relief Soceity in Gaza 21 July 2014
- Filipino Women condemn, in the strongest term, the recent attacks and bombings by the Zionist government of Israel against the Palestinian people
- Stop the Genocide – A statement by Health Work Committees in West Bank and Jerusalem
- Update from the Palestinian Medican relief Soceity in Gaza 22 July 2014
- Urgent call for a Forensic Pathologist and Medical Experts for a fact-finding mission to Gaza
- Open Letter for the People in Gaza via The Lancet
- Eye witnesses in Gaza
- Update from the Palestinian Medical Relief Soceity in Gaza - 27 July 2014
- Norwegian doctor Mads Gilbert testifies about the hell of Gaza - 30 July 2014
- Update from the Palestinian Medical Relief Soceity in Gaza - 31 July 2014
- Update from the Palestinian Medical Relief Soceity in Gaza - 2 August 2014
- Photos: Gaza under attack
- Videos: Prominent Jews and Palestinians and others stand for Palestine;
Prominent Jews and Palestinians and others stand for Palestine
- Gaza should make us sick; but we need a more courageous, honest and truthful debate (Blog on MedAct website)
- World Social Forum for Gaza, for Palestine (a Petition by the WSF sigend by PHM)
- Avaaz on-line petition, Please read and sign.
PHM supports a civil society statement calling for a stand-alone goal on EQUITY in the post-2015 development agenda
The PHM joined a large number of civil society organizations representing constituencies from all corners of the globe who are deeply alarmed by the proposal to combine the Goal 10 on Equality with other listed goals of the post-2015 developmental agenda. As the Post 2015 agenda is meant to guide development efforts over the next 15 years, it must recognize inequalities as one of the most vital issues of our time by having a clear goal to tackle inequality and by including equality-related targets into other goals. These two approaches are mutually supportive. However, without a stand-alone goal on equality to deliver this clear message, the agenda risks losing the support of individuals, organizations and communities around the world.
- PHM urges the WHO member states to disengage the organization from 'International Conference on Harmonisation' set up by big pharma
- PHM calls for effective action on the structural determinants of health
- PHM urges WHO to prohibit the improper influence from pharmaceutical companies while addressing noncommunicable diseases