Declaration by Public Interest Civil Society Organisations and Social Movements, 18 October
URGENTLY REQUIRED ACTIONS BY MEMBER STATES AND WHO ON THE KEY AREAS
- Implement equity-based social protection systems and maintain and develop effective publicly provided and publicly financed health systems that address the social, economic, environmental and behavioural determinants of health with a particular focus on reducing health inequities.
- Use progressive taxation, wealth taxes and the elimination of tax evasion to finance action on the social determinants of health.
- Recognise explicitly the clout of finance capital, its dominance of the global economy, and the origins and consequences of its periodic collapses.
- The statement is available in Portuguese here.
Endorse the declaration or share your comments on globalsecretariat[at]phmovement.org
- Other Civil Society Statements: Debate and Action about the Social Determinants of Health