What to bring
- Print out of your return ticket. Without a printed copy of your return tocket you will NOT be allowed to enter South Africa by immigration at the airport.
- Adapters - South Africa has a three plug, Adapters can be purchased at the airport.
- Umbrella and raincoat - it will be windy and rainy in Cape Town!
- Warm clothes
- extra blanket for at night
- Radio for translation - Simultaneous interpretation will be provided (ENG_FR_SPA) for most of the sessions. We will work with a radio transmitter who will send out the interpretation on a specific frequentie to be received by radio's of the participants. Therefore we urge all participants to bring a radio, earplugs and sufficient batteries. The radio need to have following requirements:
At PHA3 we will be relying on translation via technology that uses FM radios - please take note of this important notice. This is very important as we will have French, Spanish and English presentations at the Assembly.
- Please bring a battery powered FM radio receiver with headphones and batteries.
- A digital tuner is easiest to use, but an analogue can also be used.
- Make sure that the radio you bring can be tuned to a specific frequency and does not "auto scan".
- Many cell phones contain fm receivers but the battery life may not be adequate for a fullday of presentations and plenaries.
- Apple I-pods do not have fm radios, but some other mp3 players do.
For example the Mini Radio « Kchibo » KK-521, FM-AM, is a good radio to bring to PHA3.
- Water bottle - we will not be selling cool drinks - tap water is drinkable and therefore we urge participants to bring their own water bottle
- Padlock with two keys - as per picture below, the residences of UWC work with a lock that requires a padlock. For those who will be sharing, it is important to bring two keys for the paslock (all sponsored participants will be sharing).
- Publications, posters of your organisation and banners
- Relevant videos, short films, documentaries
- Songs (folk, health-related, rights-related, etc.)