PHM-USA is a network of individuals and organizations working to transform the United States health system while also supporting international efforts to challenge destructive US policies and corporations. Being part of PHM-USA means sharing the values of the People's Charter for Health and advancing a vision of health for all.
Join PHM-USA and PHM-Canada in Montreal on August 15, 2016 for a
North America People's Health Assembly!
Read more HERE.
PHM, Health Alliance International, and the Somali Health Board
invite you to an IPHU short course April 21-22 in Seattle.
Course & registration info HERE.
There are many ways to join the movement!
- READ AND ENDORSE the People's Charter for Health
- SIGN UP to receive occasional announcements and action alerts by emailing [email protected]
- JOIN US on Facebook
- GET ACTIVE with an interest group on:
- Health Systems Reform and Access to Health Care (email jopuvvula[at]hotmail.com)
- Climate Change & Environmental Justice (email leigh.kamore[at]gmail.com)
- Extractive Industries (email sarahs[at]hesperian.com)
- Work and the Right to Health: Visit our wiki for resources and activities: http://fairhealthywork.wikidot.com
- Trade and Health (email leigh.kamore[at]gmail.com)
- SHARE your contact info and interests here. And see if anyone in your area or with similar interests is involved here.
- BRING YOUR IDEAS! PHM is led by the activists who make up the movement. We all welcome your interests and projects aimed at achieving the right to health. PHM's national and global networks are here to support you!
Recommended readings and videos
On health systems strengthening and access to care:
- The Struggle for Health in El Salvador (video)
- Global Health Watch 2 Part B: The Health Care Sector
- Out in the Rural (video)
- Frontline documentary Sick Around the World
- NGO Code of Conduct for Health Systems Strengthening
On environmental justice:
- Health Crisis Rocks the Gulf in the Aftermath of the Spill, but Feds and BP Turn a Blind Eye
- Filmmaker Josh Fox on"Gasland" (video)